You know what success looks like if you could just get there.
If only you could find a simple, incredibly powerful, transformative method that works.
Search no further. You can apply the IDEOS™ mantra to how you think and accelerate your path to success.
IDEOS™ is about working smarter, deliberately, and following a plan of continuous improvement. This simple mantra increases capacity to serve more clients and staff, keep operational costs from climbing, improve the client experience, flexibly scale your business without sacrificing profit margins, and create a sustainable integration of work and life.
It’s as simple as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
WHAT IS IDEOS™
IDEOS™ is our Mantra for continuous improvement.
This mantra helps everyone devise solutions to streamline business, staff, and client experience. By adopting this mantra, your mind becomes comfortable cycling through it with every business decision, every process, and every initiative. You can use it to evaluate every aspect of the organization. It also is a communication tool to empower staff to become co-creators, tap their gifts and skills, provide a sense of ownership, and instill that the business can evolve when you have a sense of purpose and motivation.
- INTEGRATE: Think about every area of the business and a way to integrate; people, technology, data integration. Strategically Integrate technology. streamline, output
- DELEGATE: How do I delegate this work to somebody else while maintaining quality control? Focus on navigating the bigger picture, Marketing, Managing, Servicing, Mentoring
- ELIMINATE: Remove duplicate or unnecessary steps in your operations practices, tasks that are inefficient, ineffective, or repetitive. Automate work through technology and integrations.
- OUTSOURCE: Outsource providers that work hourly/ project based when you don’t need that type of skill set – all the time – all year
- STAFF: Not last. Critically Important. What is the impact on my Staff?? — Will I be making someone feel less valuable? Will I need to train someone to do a different role. This is the Culture aspect. This is where “Toxicity” can take root if not focused on.
WHY DOES THIS WORK
It encapsulates Lean and Six Sigma. Lean® refers to any method or tool which helps in the identification and elimination of waste. Six Sigma® refers to tools and techniques used to improve processes. These methodologies promote flow of value to the customer through two guiding tenets: continuous improvement and respect for people. In other words, it is organizing employee activities to deliver more value while eliminating waste.
It is a mnemonic that is easy to remember.
WHEN AND HOW TO ADOPT THIS
This mantra and visual can be shared in your next staff meeting.
Then re-explain the mantra in a subsequent staff meeting.
Then in staff meeting 3, identify which labor intense process should be improved, assign team members to review the process, and ask them to apply the mantra and share new improvement ideas in the next staff meeting.